Thursday, October 22, 2009

And how was your morning?

I have been travelling a lot these past few weeks for work and keeping up with what's happening at home and checking in is often done via email. I got this blog-worthy email response from Karen when I checked in with her this morning from Austin, Texas:

Woke up at 4 AM after three hours of sleep.

Found stink bug under covers with me. Freaked out.

Got up. Changed sheets. Did laundry.

Unloaded dishwasher.

Scanned Internet for news clips on my client. Sent client emails at 5:30 am.

Showered and dressed. Woke exhausted Phillies fan. Fed him healthy breakfast. Made myself eggs and English muffin. Did dishes.

Walked dog. Kissed child goodbye.

Got on 45 min conf call with client at 7:30 am. Left to catch train to Philadelphia for chemo appointment at 8:20 AM.

Bought coffee and Tastykake donuts. Sat squishy fat ass down on train at 9:00 AM.

Enjoying foliage of Lancaster County as I decompress and regret eating all six donuts. How's your morning? xo

Karen

3 comments:

  1. 6 donuts...a woman after my own heart! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful girl Karen can eat all the donuts she wants! Viva la dough, butter and sugar! My infusion nurse just recently told me to abandon our ideas about "health", and just take in the calories. I have 8 more weeks (of a 27-week regimen) of AC. Bring on the single-digit countdown!

    I know it must be difficult to travel during this time, as my partner, Scott is away every weekend, training his sled dog team for the Iditarod. On the one hand, you want life to be as "normal" (don't stop what you usually do...don't stop your dreams) as possible, but on the other hand, you also want to be together to support/help one another in any way you can. Tough choices and challenges indeed.

    My hat is off (revealing the same lovely, streamlined do that Karen is sporting) to you and Karen. We'll get through this crazy thing with courageous and humorous people like you.

    All the very best,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. My morning was good today. I am happy that your day went on with good morning plans. Best wishes for the chemo appointment you have got. Hope the treatment is painless.
    Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete